Motorcycle accidents are unfortunately all too common. If you are injured in one, it is important to understand the steps you need to take in order to file a personal injury claim.
In California, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the accident. This means that you have two years to file a claim for a motorcycle accident Oxnard, or else you will be barred from doing so.
If you have been in a motorcycle crash that wasn’t your fault, you may be wondering how to file a personal injury claim. In this blog article, we will discuss your legal options and how to make a claim for financial compensation after a traffic collision.
Oxnard Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Before we get into how to file a claim, let’s take a look at some statistics about motorcycle accidents in Oxnard. In 2017, there were 16 fatal motorcycle accidents in the county. Of those Ventury county traffic accidents 16 fatalities, 3 occurred in Oxnard.
There was also 466 injury crashes in Ventura County that year. Again, Oxnard made up a significant portion of those, with 103 injury crashes.
These statistics show that accidents in Oxnard are unfortunately common. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Southern California, it is important to know your legal rights and how to protect yourself.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
There are many different types of motorcycle accidents, some involing life-threatening injuries. Here are some of the most common:
These types of accidents often occur when a car or truck crosses the center line and hits a motorcycle head-on. These accidents can be very serious, and often result in fatalities.
These accidents often occur when a car rear-ends a motorcycle. They can also happen when a motorcycle rear-ends another vehicle. These accidents are usually not as serious as head-on collisions, but they can still cause injuries.
Left turn accidents
These accidents happen when a driver making a left turn fails to yield to oncoming traffic, and hits a motorcycle. Left turn accidents are one of the most common types of motorcycle accidents.
These types of accidents can occur when a motorcycle hits a pothole, a piece of debris, or any other type of road hazard. Road hazards can cause serious injuries, and often result in damage to the motorcycle.
I Was In A Motorcycle Accident What Wasn’t My Fault. What Can I Do?
If you have been in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be wondering what you can do. The first step is to seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you were seriously injured, it is important to get checked out by a doctor. Some injuries, such as concussions and traumatic brain injuries, may not be immediately apparent.
After you have seen a doctor, the next step is to contact a personal injury attorney. An experienced attorney will be able to help you understand your legal rights and options. They will also be able to deal with the insurance companies on your behalf.
What Damages Can I Claim as Accident Victim?
You may be entitled to financial compensation as a victim of a motorcycle accident. This is known as “damages.” The type and amount of damages you are entitled to will depend on the facts of your case. Some of the most common types of damages include:
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover your medical expenses. This includes doctor’s visits, hospital stays, surgery, and any other type of medical treatment.
If you have missed work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover your lost wages. You may also be able to recover future lost earnings if your injuries have caused a long-term disability.
Pain and suffering
You may be able to recover compensation for the physical and emotional trauma and suffering caused by your injuries.
If your motorcycle was damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. This means that a family member or other close relative can sue for damages on behalf of the deceased.
In some cases, you may be able to recover punitive damages. These are damages that are designed to punish the wrongdoer and deter others from engaging in similar conduct.
An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to help you understand the type and amount of damages you are entitled to. They will also be able to deal with the insurance companies on your behalf. Getting advice from motorcycle accident lawyers is your best bet in getting maximum compensation for your motorcycle crash injuries and losses.
Steps to File a Personal Injury Claim In Oxnard
If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Oxnard, Ventura County, there are several steps you will need to take in order to file a personal injury claim. These steps include:
- Seek medical attention: The first step is to seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you were seriously injured, it is important to get your motorcycle accident injuries checked out by a doctor. Some injuries, such as concussions, may not be immediately apparent.
- Contact a personal injury attorney: After you have seen a doctor, the next step is to contact a personal injury attorney. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney will be able to help you understand your legal rights and options. They will also be able to deal with insurance companies on behalf of accident victims and their families.
- Gather evidence: Once you have hired an attorney, they will begin gathering evidence to support your claim. This may include medical records, reports from the Oxnard police department, witness statements, and photos of the accident scene.
- Calculate your damages: The next step is to calculate the amount of damages you are entitled to. This will include medical expenses, loss of present and future wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and wrongful death.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: Once your attorney has calculated your damages, they will begin negotiations with the insurance company. The goal is to reach a settlement that is fair to you. If the insurance company refuses to settle, your attorney may file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- Trial: If your case goes to trial, a judge or jury will decide whether you are entitled to damages and any additional compensation and, if so, how much you should receive.
Why You Need An Oxnard Motorcycle Accident Attorney
You need a motorcycle accident lawyer with experience in Oxnard, Ventura County. This is because motor vehicle accident cases can be complex and challenging. An experienced attorney will know how to gather evidence, calculate damages, and negotiate with insurance companies. They will also be prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
Seasoned motorcycle accident lawyers can also help you understand the Oxnard personal injury claim process and ensure that you take all the necessary steps to protect your rights.
Motorcyclist Attorney Is Here For You
Contact the experts at Motorcyclist Attorney today for a free consultation to discuss your case. We have the experience and knowledge to help you get fair compensation and medical treatment.
No motorcycle rider ever expects to be in an accident. But if it does happen, you need an experienced and aggressive Oxnard motorcycle accident attorney on your side to get you the best medical care possible and the maximum compensation for your losses. Our legal team is here for you.Contact us today for a free consultation. Don’t worry about the medical bills. We don’t charge any fees unless we win. We are available 24/7 to take your call.