FREE CASE CONSULTATION
Award Winning Law Firm
As Seen in the News
OUR CLIENT TESTIMONIAL
Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Injured in a Los Angeles motorcycle accident? Have no fear! Motorcyclist attorney is ready to ride for you. Our team of dedicated attorneys specialized in motorcycle accidents will walk you through the personal injury claiming process and will not let you fall prey to either the negligent party who caused the accident or to insurance companies that will try to get rid of you as fast as they can without really helping with your injuries or property damage.
Riding a motorcycle is a wonderful and liberating experience; we believe few things can compare to riding on the highway with the wind on your back during a cool summer day, and that’s without talking about taking care of your beautiful motorcycle. But, sadly riding a bike can also be dangerous if you don’t take the proper precautions or account for other drivers on the road.
According to recent statistics provided by the NHTSA, motorcycle riders are overrepresented in traffic accident fatalities with nearly five thousand motorcyclists being involved in lethal motorcycle accidents in 2018 alone. When talking about Motorcycle accidents, we have to take in account that the vast majority of them are against other types of vehicles such as cars and trucks.
We know a motorcycle accident in a city as busy as Los Angeles can be a scary thing with the high volume of daily traffic, but our Motorcyclist Attorneys will make sure that if you ever get into one due to someone else’s negligence, you will get the justice you deserve. Our team will help you get the medical treatment you need and win for you the maximum compensation available in a court of law.
Motorcycle accident statistics you should know about
- In 2018, the number of motorcyclists killed in crashes fell to 4,985, a decrease of nearly 5 per cent.
- Compared to other motor vehicles, motorcycle crashes are 27 times more likely to cause a fatality.
- In 2018, 31 percent of motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes were speeding, more than drivers of any other vehicle type.
- Of the all drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2018, the proportion of alcohol-impaired drivers (BAC=.08+ g/dL) was highest among motorcycle riders in both rural (24%) and urban areas (26%).
- Helmets are estimated to be effective at 37 percent for preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle riders and 41 percent for motorcycle passengers. Motorcycle helmet use saved an estimated 1,872 lives in 2017.
- 221 vehicles involved in fatal crashes involving motorcycles and 114 motorcyclists lost their lives in Los Angeles in 2018.
- Males in the age group 25-34 are more likely to get injured severely in collisions-involved motorcycles.
- Harley-Davidson (26%) is the most common brand of motorcycle ridden at the time of the collision.
What are the most common injuries in a motorcycle accident?
Motorcycle injuries are no laughing matter, when crashing against a vehicle like a car or a semi-truck, it is not them who are at risk of lifechanging injuries, because a biker is only protected by his safety gear and not encased in a cabin like in other vehicles, even a minor collision can pose a deadly risk to a biker.
For Motorcycle Accidents, the main cause of death is a head injury. Studies point that helmets eliminate the chance of brain injuries by 69%. In 37% of accidents, they help in preventing deaths. Below, our motorcycle accident lawyers analyze the most serious types of motorcycle injuries that our clients experience.
- Brain injury– The most serious and life-changing injury that a motorcycle accident victim can suffer is a brain injury. This includes a concussion or traumatic brain injury that may impair all kinds of essential functions such as memory, speech, mobility, balance, and thinking.
- Spinal cord injury –Motorcyclists are much more likely to experience a spinal cord injury from a motorcycle accident than other passenger-vehicle occupants. The spinal cord binds the brain to the body, controlling impulses and movement. The effects can be devastating when the spinal cord gets damaged, sometimes resulting in partial or total paralysis.
- Broken bones –Broken bones are common injuries in motorcycle crashes. A motorcyclist can break a bone in his legs, arms, hands, feet, shoulder, or pelvis. Certain minor fractures may heal within a couple of months, but serious ones may take months to heal properly.
- Cuts and Lacerations –Cuts and lacerations usually affect motorcyclists in the face, arms, neck, hands, and torso areas, more so if they don’t wear safety equipment. Not only are these injuries painful, but if not treated and cleaned promptly the victim can develop infections that lead to permanent tissue damage or even spreading to other nearby areas.
- Amputations –Amputations are among the most severe injuries that a motorcycle crash can inflict. The force of the collision will potentially launch a driver with enough impact from his or her vehicle to break the limbs beyond repair, requiring an emergency surgical amputation.
Getting the proper medical treatment for any injuries you could get in a motorcycle accident is of the utmost priority for you and your loved ones. That way not only you’ll be closer to a healthy recovery, but it will help your Motorcyclist Attorney make a proper timeline for your case and win for you the maximum compensation possible.
What Compensation Can You Get in a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim?
Depending on the steps you take when involved in a motorcycle accident as well as the severity of it you are entitled to fair compensation for any troubles the accident might have created for you. Right after a collision, contact a skilled and experienced Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to defend your rights and get you the maximum compensation you deserve. You could be eligible to seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
We ride with you; we care for you!
If you or your loved ones ever get in a motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate to call us. Our Los Angeles Motorcyclists Attorneys will be ready to ride out and help you solve your case, no matter when or where in California, we will help you get the medical treatment you need and the money you deserve. And it will not cost you a cent! Our expert team of personal injury attorneys guarantee that you won’t pay us a dime until we win your case. Call us for a free review of your case at XXX XXX XXX