FREE CASE CONSULTATION
Award Winning Law Firm
As Seen in the News
OUR CLIENT TESTIMONIAL
Torrance Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
From the beautiful coastal city of Torrance and all the way to Santa Monica is perfect for getting out in the afternoon and ride your motorcycle. But sadly, because of all the traffic and vehicles on the road, it can also put you at risk of getting in an accident.
Statistically, an accident is way more deadly for a biker than it is for a passenger vehicle like a car or a truck. Because motorcycle users are protected at most by their helmet and other safety equipment, a motorcycle crash can cause serious injury to you or a loved one that loves to ride their motorcycle as their daily mode of transportation or just as a healthy hobby.
A motorcycle crash can be disastrous for a biker not just because of the force of impact by another vehicle, but because there are few ways to protect yourself from being thrown off your bike with only the pavement to stop your momentum. According to the Hurt Report sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA), 98% of bikers were seriously injured in multiple vehicle collisions and 96% resulted in some kind of injury, with 45% resulted in more than a minor injury between the two types of vehicular accidents.
Because of this, more often than not, there’s a negative bias against bikers from the general population, with them thinking that you are negligent just because you ride a bike instead of a car. This has given way to insurance companies to take extreme advantage of motorcyclists in California, often selling you an even lower compensation than the one they offer to car drivers (which mind you, is also low compared to what they can get if they hire a personal injury attorney). That’s why Motorcyclist Attorney is here to ride out with you and get you the medical treatment you need after an accident and win for you the money you thoroughly deserve as compensation for the actions of a negligent driver.
What should you do if you get in a Motorcycle Accident?
After a motorcycle accident, our minds are bound to be racing with doubts and questions, and if you get injured your thoughts are likely to go towards your injuries and shut everything else down. But, knowing what to do in case of a motorcycle accident not only can save your life, but also lets you take the first steps in the process of your personal injury and property damage claims and ensuring you’ll get the maximum financial compensation for all your troubles.
Our team of dedicated Torrance motorcycle accident attorneys advises the following things to do after an accident:
- Call 911, the emergency services will help you in the immediate moments after the accident. EMTs will help you with the initial medical treatment and diagnosis of your injuries while the police will help you file the police report needed after the accident
- If capable, take pictures of your injuries and property damage. They will serve as key evidence of the gravity of the accident and will help you establish the first part of your claim’s timeline.
- Exchange contact information with the other party. Even if the police report will contain data from everyone involved in the accident, it is always a good thing to exchange contact information, insurance details, and license plates with the people that took part in the accident.
- Collect and note down any witness statements. Taking notes of what witnesses say after the accident will help you establish liability for your accident.
- Do not talk to the other party’s insurance. Contrary to popular belief, you are not under any obligation to immediately talk to insurance companies after an accident. It is better to wait until you have a motorcycle accident attorney by your side.
- Contact your Motorcyclist Attorney to start the personal injury claiming process. We will ride out hard to get achieve justice for you or any loved one involved in a motorcycle accident.
What can you recover from a truck accident?
As with any personal injury case, there are different types of damages you can recover after being involved in an accident. Most commonly, these are divided between Economic Damages and Non-Economic Damages according to their nature:
- Economic Damages: These damages are attributed to you for the financial losses you incurred after an accident, normally they account for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property Damage
- Non-Economic Damages: non-economic expenses are the subjective damages that you could suffer from an accident, while they are a little bit more difficult to calculate than economic damages due to their nature, they commonly account for:
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Emotional trauma
With our motorcycle accident attorneys by your side, you will get back every cent and more that was taken from you because of an accident. We will not let insurance sell your claim short, nor will we let defense attorneys intimidate you into accepting fault for something you didn’t commit.
We will get you the maximum compensation you deserve for all the troubles a motorcycle accident might have you go through.
Ride out with us!
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate to call your Torrance Motorcyclist Attorney at (XXX) XXX XXX. Our expert team of lawyers, case managers, and medical specialists are prepared to ride with you every step of the legal process and get you and your loved ones the financial and medical recovery you deserve. We are available 24/7, every day of the week. Contact us today for a free review of your case.