Motorcycle Accident Los Angeles Statistics
Being able to enjoy an adventurous road with the sun recharging you with energy is a perfect plan for everyone who decides to take his bike to ride and live amazing experiences. In California, motorcycle riders are dominating the roads with enthusiasm, and Los Angeles is one of their favorite places.
Despite being a city where the safety of its inhabitants is a priority, Los Angeles is not exempt from catastrophic motorcycle accidents that can change this adventurous and safe vision. Just in the first quarter of 2022, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates 9,560 motor vehicle deaths and LA has second place in the state for these fatal crashes.
Typical Causes Of Motorbike Accidents In LA 2022
Motorcycle accidents can occur at any moment and time. Just like pedestrian accidents, bike accidents, and other traffic incidents, motorcycle wrecks arise due to various factors related to driver actions and traffic. A catastrophic motorcycle accident can drastically change a person’s life and cause common injuries such as facial injuries, head injuries, eye injuries, or even catastrophic injury as bodily injuries, spinal cord damage, or wrongful death. Motorcycle accidents also can affect the financial and emotional situation of the victim, causing loss of wages, loss of enjoyment of life, and other issues. It is necessary to know the common causes of these incidents to avoid them.
Some of the typical causes of motorbike accidents in LA are:
- Distracted driving: This can include reckless driving activities such as texting, talking on the phone, eating, or anything else that takes a driver’s attention away from the road.
- Speeding: Excessive speed can reduce a driver’s ability to react to changing road conditions, increasing the likelihood of an accident.
- Impairment: Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs can significantly impair a driver’s judgment and reaction time, leading to fatal accidents.
- Inclement weather: Poor weather conditions, such as rain or fog, can make it more difficult for drivers to see and navigate the road.
- Lane changes: Changing lanes without properly signaling or checking for other vehicles can lead to catastrophic accidents.
- Turning: Failing to properly judge the speed or distance of other vehicles while turning can lead to collisions.
- Road conditions: Poorly maintained roads or debris on the road can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles.
It’s essential for all motorcycle drivers to be aware of these potential causes of accidents and to take steps to prevent them. This includes always being alert and aware of your surroundings, driving defensively, and following all traffic laws, universal helmet laws, and regulations.
If you or a loved one was injured in a fatal motorcycle accident caused by a negligent party, you need to contact experienced accident attorneys that could help in the entire legal process.
5 Surprising Motorcycle Accident Los Angeles Statistics
- Los Angeles has second place in fatalities and injuries with 431 victims in 2022. As we mentioned earlier in this article, the National Highway Safety Administration NHTSA estimates 9,560 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in the first quarter of 2022 in the U.S. This is an increase of about 7% as compared to the 8,935 fatalities projected for the same quarter in 2021.
- The average number of fatal motorbike accidents in LA from the last 3 years (2019-2021) is 396.7.
- National Safety Council Analysis reports 72.65% of motorcycle crashes in the last 10 years happened to drivers who were not even alcohol-impaired.
- TIMS reports that in the last year, many of motorbike accidents in LA occurred due to unsafe speeds — 786 motorcycle accidents, or 27.43%.
- Males comprise 85% of the victims of motorcycle accidents in Los Angeles.
Despite these startling and alarming motorcycle accident Los Angeles statistics, predictions for 2023 show a shocking increase in the number of motorcycle traffic fatalities, some of the predictions for the Transportation Injury Mapping System are:
- 829 motorcycle fatalities in Los Angeles
- 1542 serious injuries in LA
- 14, 454 serious injuries 100 MVMT in Los Angeles
This surprising motorcycle accident Los Angeles statistics can help to realize what is the problem in LA and prevent motorcycle traffic accidents. It is important to always be attentive when riding a motorcycle, as well as to follow the rules of driving and traffic in Los Angeles.
There are several things that motorcycle enthusiasts can do to prevent accidents:
- Wear protective gear: Wearing a motorcycle helmet, protective clothing, and other protective gear can help to reduce the severity of motorcycle injuries in the event of an accident.
- Stay visible: Wear bright or reflective clothing and use your headlights and turn signals to make yourself more visible to other drivers.
- Follow the rules of the road: Obey all traffic laws, including speed limits and traffic signals, to reduce the risk of an accident.
- Stay alert: Be aware of your surroundings and look out for potential road defects, such as potholes or debris on the road. Many deadly motorcycle crashes occur on the hazardous road.
- Keep a safe distance: Follow at a safe distance behind other vehicles to give yourself enough time to react if they suddenly stop or change lanes.
- Avoid lane splitting: While it is legal to lane split in California, it can be dangerous if done improperly and can lead to accidents.
- Get proper training: Make sure that you are properly trained and licensed to operate a motorcycle, as this can help you to handle your bike safely and avoid accidents.
By following these safety tips, motorcyclists can help to prevent accidents and stay safe while riding.
What You Need After A Motorbike Accident In LA
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles, California, it is necessary to take action to treat severe injuries such as spinal cord injuries or permanent brain damage that could affect your life. Motorcycle fatal injuries can lead to horrible financial issues like expensive medical costs or property damage. This financial situation can complicate the victim’s life and the life of their family.
If you or a loved one are a victim, you need to follow these steps:
Seek medical attention
First and foremost, it is important to get treated as soon as possible after the accident. Even if you do not feel seriously injured, it is still important to get checked out by a medical professional to ensure there are no internal injuries. A traumatic brain injury, for example, might not be immediately apparent in the first few days.
Accident situations can pass really fast, and sometimes the victims don’t have the tools to get the evidence necessary to support their claims. That’s why even when you feel overwhelmed after the accident, you need to collect all the possible evidence, such as the defendant’s phone number and name, pictures of the scene and your motorcycle, witness information, and more.
Seek legal representation
In difficult times like fatal motorcycle crashes, you will need the help of professional motorcycle lawyers with experience. Having a reliable person who knows the law and has an impeccable track record in obtaining maximum compensation for motorcycle accident victims will not only fight with the insurance company and ensure that you win your case but will also listen to you and help you get everything you need for your recovery. An experienced personal injury lawyer can punish the fault party and get you the justice you deserve.
Keep in mind that California follows a “comparative negligence” rule when it comes to determining fault in an accident. This means that if you were partially at fault, your damages and fair compensation can be reduced. That’s why it is necessary to have a professional attorney by your side that can advise you about your legal rights and options.
Contact Motorcyclist Attorney
Being a victim of motorcycle collisions and accidents can change the life of a person immediately. When a motorcycle accident happens to you in Los Angeles, the first thing you need to do aside from getting medical treatment is to hire an expert team to help you. With Motorcyclist Attorney by your side, you don’t anything to worry about!
We are a dedicated legal team that will fight for justice and the monetary compensation you deserve during this difficult time. We are here to listen to you, understand your situation, and take care of the entire legal process while you focus on your recovery.
We care about your health and finances, and that’s why we work on a contingency fee basis. This means you don’t need to pay for our legal services until we win your case.
Trust in Motorcyclist Attorney to help you get your life back on track. Call us now for a free consultation. We speak English and Spanish.